Thursday, October 2, 2008

I kissed a boy (and I liked it)

It is that kind of day again, when Jim the schoolteacher (not to be confused with one-legged Jim the fat pigeon) would concede defeat in the morning battle against fatigue and laziness and the moody blues and, between sips of hot black coffee, he would devise the following task for his students -- or is it our readers?

Let us play: Who said what?

Here are the Quotes:

1. The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.

2. The nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its economists will have its thinking done by snobs and its economy run by morons.

3. I detest war. It spoils armies.

And here are the Voices in Time:

a. Grand Duke Constantine of Russia, c.1820
b. Thucydides, 5th century B.C.
c. Tentacles, 2008.

Can you match the Quotes and the Voices? The correct answers will be posted next week!

--

So you think men and women are the same? We dare you to try and sell a producer the following idea for a song and promotion video:

a young, masculine, straight guy surrounded by gorgeous, masculine, straight men at some kind of fraternity party singing:

I kissed a boy and I liked it
I hope my girlfriend won't mind it!

Actually, it might sell! After the Metrosexual and the vastly underestimated Asexual, please welcome the Antisexual!

Raising awareness of the extinction of the Real Man, Ladies! Another brilliant idea, RTGML20081002.

P.S. Does "I kissed a guy" sound better than "I kissed a boy"? Please let us know! You opinion counts!

10 comments:

Helen said...

I kissed a guy - definitely :)
Boys are such.....boys!

What have you done to infringe the copyrights, with your RTGML patents?? Emi have removed your vid - wot a swizz!

Obi-Sven-Kenobi said...

We've been thinking about this over some hot choclate and cake, and we MIGHT have aguess at who said what:
quote 1 by Duke Constantine
quote 2 by Tentacles
quote 3 by Thucydides

If we are wrong, we will eat our words :)
hehe

fwidman said...

Darn it, I was too late, the video has been removed :(
Working on my second cup of java for the day I could not think of the answers to your questions. Maybe after I drink the entire pot? LOL
I can tell you that I would not kiss a guy, or a boy, unless they were my sons :)
Have a great day!

Obi-Sven-Kenobi said...

fwidman, just guess wildly - that's what we did!

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

Thank you for posting, friends! It seems our quiz was a great excuse for excessive consumption of coffee, chocolate, and cake. Among the best things in life! Excellent!

Here are the correct answers:
The Grand Duke said 3.
Thucydides said 1.
... and our Tentacles said 2. How timely!

Anonymous said...

well some really good quotes

Obi-Sven-Kenobi said...

Ha! I thought I spotted that Tentacles at 2

We have eaten our other words, and will now get back to our cake. Excuse us!

Frog the Dog said...

Huh!
Obi-Sven told me that she has used her Ancient-Cat-Know-How and cunning to work out those answers -but she tells you they are wild guesses.
I thought that cats knew EVERYTHING!
Obviously, it's BANANAS that know everything.
What does Tentacles have to say about sausages??

catpaw said...

ROFL - thanks... now I have to replace my keyboard because I spit my coffee into it when I started to laugh.... I like the war spoils armies the best...

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

Sorry (?) catpaw...